The Purpose of ELRI
The Economics & Law Research Institute aims to:
- examine the way in which commercial structures, laws and taxation affect and are affected by commercial activities;
- raise for comment and debate, ways in which laws can or should be modified or improved to create an environment for better business outcomes, and to assist in the development of Australia’s national wealth; and
- promote the harmonisation of laws and the strengthening of market economies in the Asia Pacific region.
The major research themes pursued by ELRI are:
- to identify laws, legal structures and systems and taxation regimes which adversely impact on Australia’s gross domestic product and its international competitiveness, and then to consider and determine what changes should be made; and
- to identify laws, legal structures and systems and taxation regimes in Australia and the Asia Pacific region which adversely impact on economic development and trade, and then to consider and determine what changes should be made.